As far as I can tell from searching on the Internet, there is no such thing as a baling ling instrument because the only searches that revealed results were about an old Chinese instrument. However, there were no pictures or details about what type of instrument it is.
- Alternative search.
- Choosing an instrument to learn.
- Step one. Explore and research the different types of musical instruments that are out there and what learning how to play them involves. Learn about how the player produces the sound e.g. Violinists use a bow and brass players use mouthpieces.
- Step two. Pick out some instruments that you like the sound of and listen to some recordings of them being played individually. This could help to make the choosing process easier. With this step you could also check out pictures of these instruments online.
- Step three. Go to a music store that sells instruments and tell a sales person that you are thinking about taking up an instrument and ask them if it is possible for them to talk you through the instrument and let you handle them. Even though you may believe that you have already picked the instrument that you want to learn, a trip to the music store will help you choose for definite.
- Step four. If a member of your family or friend plays that musical instrument, you could ask them if they could give you a small free introductory lesson.