Who Sings That Song With The Lyrics: 'My House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A Gun. You Might Meet 'Em Both If You Show Up Here Unwelcome, Son'?

2

Lucy Burroughs Profile
Lucy Burroughs answered
I think the track you're looking for is Way Out Here by American country music singer Josh Thompson. The song was released in 2010 as the second single from his debut album, Way Out Here.

Lyrics to Way Out Here by Josh Thompson

Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun

And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son Our necks are burnt, our roads are dirt and our trucks ain't clean The dogs run loose, we smoke, we chew and fry everything Out here, way out here We won't take a dime if we ain't earned it When it comes to weight brother we pull our own If it's our backwoods way of livin' you're concerned with You can leave us alone We're about John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere Way out here We got a fightin' side a mile wide but we pray for peace 'Cause it's mostly us that end up servin' overseas If it was up to me I'd love to see this country run Like it used to be, oughta be, just like it's done Out here, way out here We won't take a dime if we ain't earned it When it comes to weight brother we pull our own If it's our backwoods way of livin' you're concerned with You can leave us alone We're about John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere Way out here We won't take a dime if we ain't earned it When it comes to weight brother we pull our own If it's our backwoods way of livin' you're concerned with You can leave us alone We're about John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere Way out here, way out here Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son

Sometimes I really enjoy listening to music while hunting. Of course, at times it could distract from the hunting process, but now I have such cool things like a rangefinder and a special sight to see in the dark, so I think that I won't miss mine while hunting. But it’s such a great feeling. Lie in the middle of a wild forest and listen to your favorite songs.

Anonymous