The Harry Potter series of fantasy novels by J. K. Rowling consists of seven books, yet there are eight films in the movie series distributed by Warner Bros.
As of 2012, the Harry Potter film franchise is the highest-grossing film franchise of all time, out-selling both the Star Wars and James Bond movie franchises.
The Harry Potter Films In Sequence
1. Harry Potter And The Philosopher’s Stone (2001, Chris Columbus) – In keeping with the novel’s release title in the United States and India, this film was released asHarry Potter And The Sorcerer’s Stone; in both countries, and follows 11-year-old Harry Potter in his first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
2. Harry Potter And The Chamber of Secrets (2002, Chris Columbus)
3. Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban (2004, Alfonso Cuarón)
4. Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire (2005, Mike Newell)
5. Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix; (2007, David Yates)
6. Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince (2009, David Yates)
7. Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows – Part 1 (2010, David Yates) – Due to the length of the novel and the complexity of the plot, this book was effectively divided into two parts for the film adaptation
8. Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows – Part 2 (2011, David Yates)