What a question! I have so many emotional attachments to lots of different songs it has been really hard to choose just one.
After a trip down memory lane, and a bit of a disco with my youngest boy I have managed to produce a list of 7 songs which mean the world to me. So this is my count down:
And my number one spot goes to -
7. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper. This song, or any floor filler, always makes me think of my Mum she is always the first one on the dance floor. This song in particular always gets her up there dragging along anyone in her path!
6. The Music Man - I am unsure of who actually wrote this song. When I was growing up we had family parties as my family is quite large. My Dad's 'party peice' was always to sing this song with lots of variations of instruments: we would play the tables, walls along with the traditional piano. Sometimes you couldn't even follow the song as there was so much laughter, it always brings a smile to my face thinking of the song and all the happy memories.
5. Good Bye My Lover - James Blunt. As morbid as this is going to sound, the reason this song is on my list as my husband has requested this song to be played at his funeral. It always brings a tear to my eye.
4. Slide Away - Oasis. This song was playing in the pub when I walked on and met my husband on our first date, and it has stuck as one of these songs that will always reminds me of him.
3. Nothin' On You - B.o.B feat. Bruno Mars. This song was number ones when my youngest was born & subsequently has become one of his favourite songs.
2. Hey There Delilah - Plain White T's. This song wasn't number one but it was my favourite song when my eldest boy was born.
I suppose this song just make me remember what a fantastic family I have and when hear it happy memories flood over me.
1. We Built This City - Starship. This song is most definitely our 'family song'. We often have impromptu parties at home, just the four of us which mainly consist of disco lights, party songs and party food. We all love it and have a great time, the best party my boys put on for me was my ' Surprise Mothers Day Halloween' party which is where our family song was discovered. All of us know the lyrics and automatically start dancing when we hear it. It just makes me smile so much.